Tuesday, May 9, 2023

SWEET NEWS

I have some exceedingly sweet news! My latest collection of poems, Flight of Honey, is being published by Luchador Press! 



With a stunning cover photo by Marcy and Doug Ritzert, the book has been beautifully designed by Jason Ryberg in Missouri. Many thanks to Marcy and Doug, and to Jason Ryberg. Also, much gratitude to everyone who graciously wrote a blurb for me. 

(Backstory to the cover photo: I was reading at Muskingum University in March of this year and afterwards, a woman introduced herself - Marcy Ritzert, who worked at the University. She said that Robin Mullet, a friend of hers, had contacted her and told her she should attend the reading. Marcy said Robin was a fellow beekeeper. I asked her if she had any photos of bees or hives; I was looking for the right photo for my book. She sent me several that day, and as soon as I saw this photo, I knew it was the one!)

Once Jason has posted a link to buy Flight of Honey on his website, I'll insert it into this post. Of course, I'll have copies to sell as well, but we must support our small presses. 

I'll be feature reading my poems from Flight of Honey this coming Saturday, May 13, at The Switchboard in Toledo. You can find the details here. I may not have the book in hand by then (he's ordering them to be printed today), but I can certainly mail them out to anyone who orders them at the reading. 

I'll also be reading a couple of poems from FOH at the Songs for Wild Ohio anthology poetry reading in Kent on May 20.





I hope you'll come celebrate with me at these events! I'm looking forward to seeing you!



No comments:

Post a Comment